Страницы

воскресенье, 14 декабря 2014 г.

Final Remarks




     I started blogging a few months ago, to be more precise 4 months ago due to the “New Technologies” course that discovered a completely new world for me that I was not aware of before. Without it I would never have learnt about blogging. It is kind of funny, living in the digital era and not be able to make use of such resources. I consider the fact that I have never used blogging was because I was not aware of its implications as a student, network user and moreover as TEFL professional. Now I understand that blogging is the part of my life and even after finishing this course I will still go on using it.
   This is only one of the new tech tools that I have learnt and understood during this course.

    But what else?

    This course gave an amazing opportunity to discover and explore a completely new world, digital world that I was not aware of before. This course is definitely the best course I`ve ever had. It gave a chance to dive into the depths of new technological tools, and what’s important to see education in a new light. During this course I got acquainted with and learnt many diverse technological innovations that can be implemented into teaching/ learning process, making it more effective, informative, interactive, engaging and interesting and therefore create huge opportunities for 21st century digital learners. Owing to this course I became technologically literate and skillful not only theoretically, but also gained invaluable experience due to our practical sessions. I am glad that now I am more informed about new approaches and their implementation in teaching/learning process.
    There are tools that I will definitely be using in my teaching. Blogs will help my learners to develop their writing skills, turn them into creators and users, and provide the interactive and interesting learning environment for them. Among the cloud computing google applications I will use Google Drive for creating google docs, and Google groups, for discussions outside the class, etc. which is very helpful for creating the collaborative learning platform for the learners. Video games are another tool that I am also going to use mainly with the low level students. However, I will try to be careful, because basically the essence of video games is to distract rather than to teach. Podcasts are also important tool for listening activities. I would also integrate digital story-telling to help my students to develop their language skills and produce the language they learnt. I will also use video and audio production tools to enhance my students’ creativity and help them to shift from the role of consumer to the role of producer.

     Thus, I'm very glad that I had the chance to take this course which gave me a broad and clear understanding of implementing new technologies both for educational and life purposes and also experience in the application of these new technological tools. Finally, it taught me how to become a life-long and autonomous learner, which, nowadays is quite necessary and valuable quality to possess. All of this knowledge and skills I will gladly pass to my students.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий